School Cafeteria Temperature Monitoring System
Swift Sensors School Cafeteria Temperature Monitoring System uses advanced wireless sensors to monitor the temperatures in your walk-in coolers and freezers.
- Monitor temperatures from your mobile phone.
- Receive notifications when temperatures go out of range.
- No more unnecessary trips up to school to check, verify or record temperatures.
- Automated temp logs with full history for USDA compliance.
Safeguard Your Food Inventory for Just $65/Year/Walk-in.
* Requires hardware and monitoring plan for each sensor.
Protect Your Students
As a cafeteria manager or food services director at a K-12 school or university, you must deliver meals that are fresh and safe. Nothing disrupts your food services operation more than a failed walk-in cooler or freezer. Financial losses are only the beginning. And no one wants to deal with a USDA audit. Swift Sensors School Temperature Monitoring System keeps your inventory safe and your students healthy.
Monitor Your Walk-in Coolers/Freezers
Swift Sensors school temperature monitoring solutions provide a wide range of wireless temperature sensors for freezers, coolers, and hot-side equipment. Through one simple interface, you’ll know all of your equipment is operating properly across campuses, chain locations, and widespread facilities. When conditions drift, you get an immediate alert so you can act fast and avoid losses. And you are not limited to temperature. With water presence, power, vibration, and open/close sensors, you can monitor all aspects of your equipment and facility.
Automate Temp Log Reporting
You’re under pressure to do more with less. With staff becoming more difficult to hire and train, you need an easier way to manage your operations. Automate tedious, unreliable manual tasks like checking and logging temperatures, traveling up to school during breaks or long weekends. Not only will you free up busy staff, you’ll also guarantee complete and timely reports for your next inspection or USDA government support program.
Be The First to Know
How Does a School Cafeteria Temperature Monitoring System Work?
School Walk-in Temperature Dashboard
View your critical walk-in cooler and freezer temperatures in a variety of customized views. When temps go out of user-defined thresholds, Swift Sensors will notify your team immediately. Set temperature thresholds, blackout periods, time delays, notification recipients and more.
Custom Dashboard. Create your own view of your walk-in coolers and freezers. Manage all your location in a single dashboard… right from your phone.
Walk-in Cooler View. Select a specific walk-in and see the full history of temperature measurements. Filter data, set thresholds, build notifications and set any blackout periods.
Automated Temp Log Reports and Historical Exports
Take the headache out of temperature log management with Swift Sensors. We automate the recording of your walk-in cooler and freezer temperatures for you. With the push of a button you can generate your temp logs for any date range you choose.
Daily Spot Check Report. View temperatures of your walk-in coolers and freezers at customized times of the day. Download to PDF.
Historical Data Export. Download daily, weekly, monthly or yearly reports. Customize layout and set measurement reporting to every 1, 5, 15 or 60 minutes. Download to Excel.
Cafeteria Walk-in Temperature Monitoring in 3 Easy Steps
Starting at MSRP $99.99
You will need 1 sensor for each unit you want to monitor. Our most popular walk-in temperature sensor is our SS3-105 priced at $119.99. Sensors have a battery life of 6-8 years, communication range of 300 feet, and are dust-proof and water-resistant.
You will need at at least 1 Gateway. 1 Gateway can support up to 150 sensors within a 300 ft range. Gateways transmit sensor measurements to the cloud via Ethernet, WIFI, or Cellular Modem. Advanced security protocols keep your networks and data safe.
You will also need a Monitoring and Alert Plan (each sensor) which provides cloud account access with thresholds, notifications, unlimited users, measurement history, reporting, analytics and more. No Contract Required.
Remote Monitoring Options for Schools
Sensors for Every Range
With a variety of wireless temperature sensors for coolers, freezers, and merchandisers, Swift Sensors can provide remote refrigeration monitoring for your schools, hotels, or hospitals. Our remote sensor systems have operating ranges from -100C (-148F) to +200C (+392F) for all of your refrigeration and freezer monitoring. Select from a variety of lead lengths and probe types to mount through access ports, door seals, or directly inside glass-front coolers and servers.
Streamline Operations with Automated Logs and Reporting
When you manage cafeterias, staffing and training can be very challenging. You can’t expect busy staff to manually monitor and log temperatures throughout the day. And you can’t always count on them to reliably and accurately record temperatures. Swift Sensors eliminates this headache with automated reporting and logging.
- Local Health Inspections
- Government Program Requirements (USDA, NSLP)
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Food Safety Points (HACCP) plans
Lifetime Warranty on Gateways, 2 Year Warranty on Sensors
Why Choose Swift Sensors
FAQ - School Cafeteria Temperature Monitoring
Swift Sensors remote monitoring and alert system is a simple, low-cost approach to monitor your valuable inventory, equipment, and facilities. Choose from 30 different sensors to measure temperature, humidity, vibration, power, door open/close, water events, and more. Monitor the data directly from your phone and receive an email or text immediately when measurements drift into danger levels. With Swift Sensors, you can be up and running in minutes and protect your assets, equipment, and peace of mind for years.
Food Directors and Cafeteria Managers have one of 3 common types of temperature monitoring systems:
- Nothing – Some managers are willing to take their chances and risk losing time, money, and customer trust from a major equipment failure and catastrophic inventory loss.
- Employee-Based – Other managers will use employees to monitor equipment, log temperatures, and report on any issues they see in the walk-in cooler or freezer operation.
- Wireless – Still other managers choose a wireless automated restaurant temperature monitoring system to remotely monitor temperatures and send alerts when issues start to appear.
Cafeteria Managers experience a number of benefits when they use an restaurant temperature monitoring system, including:
- Be the First to Know – Rather than getting surprised with major problems in the morning or after a long weekend when equipment fails, you can get an immediate alert when your freezers or coolers show their first signs of trouble. With an automated text, email, or phone call from the system, you know exactly when equipment is showing the signs of failure so you can act fast to save your inventory and get your cooler repaired.
- Offload Busy Staff – It’s hard to hire and train reliable staff. Rather than ask them to do the tedious work of manually checking and logging temperatures throughout the day, automate the process with a restaurant temperature monitoring system. Not only will your employees appreciate more time to focus on the customer, you will get more complete and more accurate temperature logs.
- Reduce Your Risk – When you have thousands of dollars of inventory stored in a cooler or freezer, equipment failure is a huge business risk. Not only do you lose the inventory, you also have to spend all your time getting things back in place – assessing the damage, clearing out the spoiled inventory, reordering and restocking replacements, modifying menus, or even closing until you are back up and running. The financial risk is great, and the risk of alienating your loyal customers is even greater.
- Improve Quality – When food is stored at incorrect temperatures, the taste, freshness, and safety can be impacted. With a restaurant temperature monitoring system, you not only know when equipment fails, you can also track its performance in general, and schedule maintenance to keep it operating properly and your food at its best.
- Compliance with USDA Regulations – Many businesses are required to comply with safety regulations from the USDA. Don’t leave it to chance – your temperature logs prove that you are in compliance when you have an automated restaurant temperature monitoring system in place.
- Streamline Inspections – Many health inspectors ask for temperature logs right up front when they visit restaurants for inspection. A complete and accurate report for all of your freezers and coolers can set the tone for your next inspection.
- Better Insights – When you have an automated restaurant temperature monitoring system, you’ll have all of your historical data available at your fingertips. With this historical data, you will gain valuable insight into how you optimize your processes and predict when equipment may require maintenance.
An automated school cafeteria temperature monitoring system is comprised of the following components:
- Sensors for measuring temperature, humidity as well as leak events, power consumption, open doors, and more.
- A Gateway that communicates with each sensor and collects the measurement data periodically and transmits it to a central cloud location.
- Cloud Software where you can view the measurement data, set alarm levels, and define notifications to alert you or your employees when the measurement data starts to show signs of trouble.
Swift Sensors offers multiple temperature sensors depending on the type of cooler/freezer and temperature range you need to measure, including:
- SS3-101 Ambient Temperature and Humidity Sensor – ideal for glass-front refrigerators, merchandizers, and low-boys.
- SS3-103 Wireless Temperature Sensor with Ring Lug Probe – for standard or walk-in where you can keep the sensor unit outside the cooler and feed the lead through the door jamb to get accurate temperature readings inside the refrigeration unit.
- SS3-105 Wireless Temperature Sensor with 1m Probe – for walk-in coolers where you mount the sensor on the outside of the cooler and feed the probe through a port or hole in the wall of the cooler.
A school cafeteria temperature monitoring system has three primary components with the following costs:
- Sensors prices range from about $100 to $250 depending on the sensor type and range
- Gateways cost $399
- Monitoring Service is $65/year for each sensor
Swift Sensors offers a complete demo system that you can create a login for to see the system in action before you buy. You can sign up for a free demo account here.
Your Swift Sensor Monitoring Software includes all of these features:
- Monitoring and Alert Plan – view all of your historical data and create alerts to text or email when alarm levels are reached.
- Cloud access to your data 24/7 from your phone, tablet, or computer
- Unlimited notifications.
- Unlimited users.
- Role-based permissions
- Built-in analytics for productivity, compliance, and efficiency.
- Built-in temperature log reports
- Sub-Accounts for organizing your systems for multiple locations
- Data Export capabilities
- Free startup and ongoing technical support.
- 2-year warranty on the hardware.