Medical Lab Temperature Monitoring System
Swift Sensors Medical Lab Temperature Monitoring System uses advanced wireless sensors specifically designed to remotely monitor your medical coolers, freezers, ultra-low freezers and cryogenic freezers.
Automate Your Clinical Lab Temperature Monitoring and Reporting
The success of your medical lab depends on the safe storage of your medicines, trials and samples. Whether your business is production, distribution, or delivery, one necessity is to protect your medical inventory with an automated temperature monitoring system.
Everything You Need for Monitoring Your Lab Temperatures
Swift Sensors remote medical lab monitoring solution meets CDC requirements for standard vaccine temperature monitoring and reporting. NIST-traceable temperature sensors, glycol temperature buffers, and automated daily temperature logs provide a complete solution for your medical lab needs.
Request a Quote
Swift Sensors Reduces Your Daily Lab Temperature Verification to 5 Minutes.
The Swift Sensor Daily Verification feature streamlines your daily verification process to just minutes. Simple. Organized. Accurate.
You can now monitor the live temperatures online as well as yesterday’s temperatures to stay CLIA, CAP, or FDA Compliant.
How Swift Sensors Monitors Your Lab Temperatures
Swift Sensors Safeguards Your Lab and Your Reputation
Eliminate Risk with Automated Pharmaceutical Temperature Monitoring
Medical Lab Monitoring in 3 Easy Steps
Starting at MSRP $100
We offer specially designed sensors to monitor your critical refrigeration and freezer equipment. Sensors have a battery life of 6-8 years, communication range of 300 feet, and an IP66 rating.
Our secure Gateways transmit temperature measurements to the cloud via Ethernet, WIFI, or Cellular Modem. One gateway can support up to 150 sensors. Advanced security features keep your networks and data safe.
The Monitoring and Alert Plan provides access to thresholds, notifications, unlimited users, measurement history, reporting, analytics, daily verification and more. No Contract Required.
Streamline Your Operations with Automated Temperature Logging, Verification, and Reporting
Manually checking and logging medical coolers and freezers throughout the day is time consuming and often inaccurate. Your busy staff needs to focus on the customer, not tedious reporting. Swift Sensors has you covered. Our remote medical lab temperature monitoring solution automatically captures and generates the log reports you need, so you don’t have to.
You can be assured the reports are accurate and complete for your next inspection. And, your lab must meet CLIA requirements, we automate daily temperature verification as well. With the increasing challenge of finding and keeping highly-trained staff, automation can streamline your operation and guarantee accuracy without putting additional stress on your team.
Common Medical Lab Measurements
Remote Monitoring Options for Medical Labs
Sensors for Every Range
Swift Sensors remote vaccine monitoring solutions for both refrigerated and frozen vaccines guards against equipment failure. Our ultra-low wireless temperature sensor measure between -100°C to +200°C (-148°F to +392°F), appropriate for frozen vaccines. While our standard wireless sensors measure between -40°C to +125°C (-40°F to +257°F). We offer different probe types, temperature ranges, and mounting options for measurements in any kind of specialty refrigerators, coolers, or freezers.
Dashboards, Reporting, Daily Verification for Monitoring Your Medical Lab
Lab Temperature Monitoring
- Electronic data protection requirements from the US FDA
- Critical for the medical, life sciences, and pharmaceutical industries
- Map Swift Sensors functionality and documentation to meet requirements
Why Choose Swift Sensors
FAQ - Medical Lab Temperature Monitoring
Swift Sensors remote monitoring and alert system is a simple, low-cost approach to managing the temperatures of your medicines, reagents, samples, and trials in refrigerators and freezers. Monitor the temperature data directly from your phone and receive an email or text immediately when measurements drift into danger levels. With Swift Sensors, you can be up and running in minutes and protect your assets, equipment, and peace of mind for years.
Medical Labs and Pharmaceutical Manufacturers have one of 3 common types of medical lab temperature monitoring systems:
- Nothing – Some are willing to take their chances and risk losing time, money, and regulatory penalties from a major equipment failure and catastrophic inventory loss.
- Employee-Based – Others owners will use employees to monitor equipment, log temperatures, and report on any issues they see with the refrigeration equipment.
- Wireless – Still other owners choose a wireless automated vaccine temperature monitoring system to remotely monitor temperatures and send alerts when issues start to appear.
Medical labs and pharmaceutical manufacturers experience a number of benefits when they use a medical lab temperature monitoring system, including:
- Be the First to Know – Rather than getting surprised with major problems in the morning or after a long weekend when equipment fails, you can get an immediate alert when your freezers or coolers show their first signs of trouble. With an automated text, email, or phone call from the system, you know exactly when equipment is showing the signs of failure so you can act fast to save your inventory and get your cooler repaired.
- Offload Busy Staff – It’s hard to hire and train reliable staff. Rather than ask them to do the tedious work of manually checking and logging temperatures throughout the day, automate the process with a vaccine temperature monitoring system. Not only will your employees appreciate more time to focus on the customer, you will get more complete and more accurate temperature logs.
- Reduce Your Risk – When you have thousands of dollars of inventory stored in a cooler or freezer, equipment failure is a huge business risk. Not only do you lose the inventory, you also have to spend all your time getting things back in place – assessing the damage, clearing out the spoiled inventory, reordering and restocking replacements, modifying menus, or even closing until you are back up and running. The financial risk is great, and the risk of regulatory audits is real.
- Improve Quality – When medicines, tissue samples, or drug trials are stored at incorrect temperatures, the effectiveness can be damaged or lost. With a medical lab temperature monitoring system, you not only know when equipment fails, you can also track its performance in general, and schedule maintenance to keep it operating properly and your food at its best.
- Compliance with CDC – Many businesses are required to comply with safety regulations from the CDC. Don’t leave it to chance – your temperature logs prove that you are in compliance when you have an automated temperature monitoring system in place.
- Better Insights – When you have an automated medical lab temperature monitoring system, you’ll have all of your historical data available at your fingertips. With this historical data, you will gain valuable insight into how you optimize your processes and predict when equipment may require maintenance.
An automated medical lab or pharmaceutical temperature monitoring system is comprised of the following components:
- Sensors for measuring temperature, humidity as well as leak events, power consumption, open doors, and more.
- A Gateway that communicates with each sensor and collects the measurement data periodically and transmits it to a central cloud location.
- Cloud Software where you can view the measurement data, set alarm levels, and define notifications to alert you or your employees when the measurement data starts to show signs of trouble.
Swift Sensors offers multiple temperature sensors depending on the type of cooler/freezer and temperature range you need to measure, including:
- SS3-101 Ambient Temperature and Humidity Sensor – ideal for glass-front refrigerators, merchandizers, and low-boys.
- SS3-103 Wireless Temperature Sensor with Ring Lug Probe – for standard or walk-in where you can keep the sensor unit outside the cooler and feed the lead through the door jamb to get accurate temperature readings inside the refrigeration unit.
- SS3-105 Wireless Temperature Sensor with 1m Probe – for walk-in coolers where you mount the sensor on the outside of the cooler and feed the probe through a port or hole in the wall of the cooler.
- SS3-110 Ultra Cold Wireless Temperature Sensor – for ultra cold freezers going down to -100C.
Each of these sensors are commonly used in Medical Lab and Pharmaceutical Temperature Monitoring systems.
A basic medical lab or pharmaceutical temperature monitoring system has three primary components with the following costs:
- Sensors prices range from about $100 to $280 depending on the sensor type and range
- Gateways cost $330
- Monitoring Service is $65/year for each sensor
Swift Sensors offers a complete demo system that you can create a login for to see the system in action before you buy. Learn how you can apply our sensors for your medical lab or pharmaceutical temperature monitoring solution today. You can sign up for a free demo account here.
Your Swift Sensor Monitoring Software includes all of these features:
- Monitoring and Alert Plan – view all of your historical data and create alerts to text or email when alarm levels are reached.
- Cloud access to your data 24/7 from your phone, tablet, or computer
- Unlimited notifications.
- Unlimited users.
- Role-based permissions
- Built-in analytics for productivity, compliance, and efficiency.
- Built-in temperature log reports
- Sub-Accounts for organizing your systems for multiple locations
- Data Export capabilities
- Free startup and ongoing technical support.
- 2-year warranty on the hardware.