Remote Power Monitoring
Talk to one of our sensor experts to discuss your Power Monitoring needs
Power Monitoring at Your Fingertips
When you’re responsible for industrial equipment, buildings, or server rooms in your facility, you need to know everything is operating properly. With data from a remote monitoring system, you can better safeguard, optimize, and plan for future changes in your facility. Our remote power monitoring sensors are available for measuring current or AC and DC voltage, enabling you to monitor mains, circuits, machine usage and AC or DC supplies.
Optimize Power Consumption with Wireless Sensors
With Swift Sensors wireless voltage and current sensors, you can monitor for power consumption, surges, fluctuations, and outages and trigger immediate notifications for your maintenance team. In addition, the Swift Sensors wireless sensor console trends your data over time, so you have the insight needed to optimize in multiple dimensions:
- Environmental – Improve efficiency, minimize waste, reduce consumption
- Reliability – Locate and correct chronic problems in complex environments
- Maintenance – Detect variations in consumption from key equipment may indicate impending failures
- Financial – Avoid downtime, react quickly to power events, and plan for expansion to reduce costs and optimize usage
Common Power Measurements
How Does Swift Sensors Remote Power Monitoring Work?
Swift Sensors Remote Monitoring & Alert System
Remote Power Monitoring in 3 Easy Steps
Starting at MSRP $99.99
First, you will need one of our small wireless voltage or current sensors for each piece of equipment or facility you want to monitor. Sensors have a battery life of 6-8 years, communication range of 300 feet, and an IP66 dust-free, water-resistant rating.
Next, you will need at least one Gateway. One gateway supports up to 150 sensors. Gateways transmit sensor measurements to the cloud via Ethernet, WIFI, or Cellular Modem. Advanced security protocols keep your networks and data safe.
Then comes the Monitoring and Alert Plan (per sensor) which provides cloud account access with thresholds, notifications, unlimited users, measurement history, reporting, analytics and more. No Contract Required.
Compact Wireless Sensors
Transmit Data to
the Cloud. Securely.
Wifi, Ethernet, or Cell Modem
Systems & Equipment.
- Automated Alerts
- Optional API
Download Free White Paper
- Monitor critical equipment, pumps, motors, HVAC and more
- Predict when maintenance issues require servicing
- Minimize downtime with a smarter predictive maintenance strategy
Why Choose Swift Sensors
FAQ - Remote Power Monitoring
Swift Sensors remote monitoring and alert system is a simple, low-cost approach to monitor your valuable inventory, equipment, and facilities. Choose from 30 different sensors to measure temperature, humidity, vibration, power, door open/close, water events, and more. Monitor the data directly from your phone and receive an email or text immediately when measurements drift into danger levels. With Swift Sensors, you can be up and running in minutes and protect your assets, equipment, and peace of mind for years.
A remote power monitoring system uses wireless sensors to make voltage or current measurements on main power lines, circuits within your building, or for specific machinery. With a remote power monitoring system, you can learn more about your facility and its power consumption characteristics. Using current sensors, you can measure the actual power consumption at different times of the day, or under different conditions, to look for ways you can reduce expenses. With voltage sensors, you can measure the quality of the power supplied to your facility or machines – looking for surges, sags, or spikes in power quality under different conditions.
Monitoring power consumption at your facility is the first step in optimizing your expenses and saving money. For many businesses, energy costs can be one of the biggest monthly operating expenses. Many business owners and facilities managers are realizing that they can find ways to reduce their overall power expenses with a smart, controlled program. Using remote power monitoring and current sensors, you can identify buildings, areas, circuits, or machines that are using the majority of your power – equipping you with much more data to find problem areas and reduce costs.
In addition to monitoring and optimizing your overall power usage, remote power monitoring sensors help you understand what is going on in your business in general. Sometimes, users struggle knowing when specific equipment or production lines are running at full capacity. Applying sensors to different areas of your manufacturing equipment can give you more insight to help determine how efficient and effective your production process is. In other situations, you may see power surges or drops within your building. Using remote power monitoring sensors, you can debug the situation and understand if certain equipment impacts the overall circuit when powered on.
A remote power monitoring system is comprised of the following components:
- Wireless voltage or current sensors for measuring power consumption or quality
- A Gateway that communicates with each sensor and collects the measurement data periodically and transmits it to a central cloud location.
- Cloud Software where you can view the measurement data, set alarm levels, and define notifications to alert you or your employees when the measurement data starts to show signs of trouble.
A remote power monitoring system has three primary components with the following costs:
- Sensors prices range from about $100 to $250 depending on the sensor type and range
- Gateways cost $399
- Monitoring Service is $65/year for each sensor
Swift Sensors offers a complete demo system that you can create a login for to see the system in action before you buy. Or you can request a 1-on-1 meeting for a personal demo or watch a series of demo videos on the Swift Sensors website. You can request your free demo account or 1-on-1 meeting here.
Your Swift Sensor Monitoring Software includes all of these features:
- Monitoring and Alert Plan – view all of your historical data and create alerts to text or email when alarm levels are reached.
- Cloud access to your data 24/7 from your phone, tablet, or computer
- Unlimited notifications.
- Unlimited users.
- Role-based permissions
- Built-in analytics for productivity, compliance, and efficiency.
- Built-in temperature log reports
- Sub-Accounts for organizing your systems for multiple locations
- Data Export capabilities
- Free startup and ongoing technical support.
- 2-year warranty on the hardware.