Restaurant Temperature Monitoring System
Swift Sensors Restaurant Temperature Monitoring System uses specially designed wireless sensors for monitoring temperatures in walk-in coolers, walk-in freezers, cold rooms, beverage coolers, low-boys, grab & gos, cold tables, open air refrigerators, front of house, lobby, baking and food prep areas and more.
Protect Thousands of Dollars of Food Inventory with Swift Sensors
Most common restaurants have at least one walk-in cooler and one walk-in freezer. The cost of food inventory being stored in those walk-ins is typically over $5,000.
When comparing the risk of losing this inventory to the price of our system, there are very clear-cut savings.
For example, the cost of our system is only $590 for all the equipment you need for monitoring 2 walk-ins. You will also have Monitoring and Alert plan associated with each unit being monitored which is just $65/year/unit ($130 for both walk-ins). Cancel anytime, no contracts required.
As you can see, our pricing is simple. You have a one-time upfront cost for the hardware of $550 and then your yearly Monitoring and Alert plans which total only $130/year for complete and total monitoring coverage 24/7.
Swift Sensors is a small price to pay for protecting your food inventory and safeguarding the food being served to customers.
Request a Quote
Top Restaurant Operators Choose Swift Sensors
Protect. Automate. Relax.
Get Alerts, Act FastSwift Sensors remote monitoring for restaurants and food services offers a wide range of temperature and equipment sensors. Install in your equipment and receive immediate alerts via SMS text, email, or phone call when critical limits are exceeded. Be the first to know when refrigerators, freezers or cases are acting up, when leaks or floods occur, or when doors are left open.
Free Up Staff, Breeze Through InspectionsYour staff is too busy to manually log temperatures throughout the day. You need them focused on customers, not tedious logging. Our remote temperature monitoring for restaurants and food services system automatically generates reports you need for local health inspections, HACCP programs, and government programs. Streamline your operations with automation.
No More Surprises
How Does Swift Sensors Monitor Your Temperatures?
Restaurant Monitoring Explained in 3 Easy Steps
Starting at MSRP $100
First, you will need one of our small wireless sensors for each piece of equipment you want to monitor. Sensors have a battery life of 6-8 years, communication range of 300 feet, and an IP66 rating.
Next, you will need at least one Gateway. One gateway supports up to 150 sensors. Gateways transmit sensor measurements to the cloud via Ethernet, WIFI, or Cellular Modem. Advanced security protocols keep your networks and data safe.
Then comes the Monitoring and Alert Plan (each sensor) which provides cloud account access with thresholds, notifications, unlimited users, measurement history, reporting, analytics and more. No Contract Required.
Protect Thousands of Dollars of Food Inventory for just $65/year/sensor.
* Requires hardware and monitoring and alert plan for each sensor.
Restaurant Temperature Monitoring Dashboard
View critical walk-in cooler and freezer temperatures in a variety of customized views. View all locations from a single view. When temps go out of user-defined thresholds, Swift Sensors will notify your team immediately. Set temperature thresholds, blackout periods, time delays, notification recipients and more.
Custom Dashboard. Create your own view of your walk-in coolers and freezers. Manage all your location in a single dashboard… right from your phone.
Walk-in Cooler View. Select a specific walk-in and see the full history of temperature measurements. Filter data, set thresholds, build notifications and set any blackout periods.
Daily Temp Log Reports and Historical Exports
Take the headache out of temperature log management with Swift Sensors. We automate the recording of your walk-in cooler and freezer temperatures for you. We eliminate the need for employees to monitor temperatures. With the push of a button you can generate your temp logs for any date range you choose.
Daily Spot Check Report. View temperatures of your walk-in coolers and freezers at customized times of the day. Download to PDF.
Historical Data Export. Download daily, weekly, monthly or yearly reports. Customize layout and set measurement reporting to every 1, 5, 15 or 60 minutes. Download to Excel.
Remote Monitoring for Restaurants and Food Services
Sensors for Every Range
Swift Sensors offer a variety of wireless temperature sensors for coolers, freezers, and merchandisers with operating ranges from ultra-low freezers at -100C (-148F) to hot-side servers and warmers at +200C (392F). We offer a number of different lead lengths, probe types, temperature ranges, and mounting options for measurements in any kind of walk-in, lowboy, glass-front, or specialized cooling system.
Automate Temp Logs. Simplify Inspections. Streamline Operations.
Automation is the key
- Local Health Inspections
- Government Program Requirements (USDA, NSLP)
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Food Safety Points (HACCP) plans
Network Security is our Foundation
Built on Security
Founded by industry-leading network expert, Dean Drako of Barracuda Networks, security is at our core.
Restaurant Temperature Monitoring Guide
- Monitor coolers and freezers
- Get alerts when temperatures go out of range
- Generate temperature logs and reports
Why Choose Swift Sensors
FAQ - Restaurant Temperature Monitoring
Swift Sensors remote monitoring and alert system is a simple, low-cost approach to monitor your valuable inventory, equipment, and facilities. Choose from 30 different sensors to measure temperature, humidity, vibration, power, door open/close, water events, and more. Monitor the data directly from your phone and receive an email or text immediately when measurements drift into danger levels. With Swift Sensors, you can be up and running in minutes and protect your assets, equipment, and peace of mind for years.
Restaurant owners have one of 3 common types of restaurant temperature monitoring systems:
- Nothing – Some restaurant owners are willing to take their chances and risk losing time, money, and customer trust from a major equipment failure and catastrophic inventory loss.
- Employee-Based – Other restaurant owners will use employees to monitor equipment, log temperatures, and report on any issues they see in the walk-in cooler or freezer operation.
- Wireless – Still other restaurant owners choose a wireless automated restaurant temperature monitoring system to remotely monitor temperatures and send alerts when issues start to appear.
Restaurant owners experience a number of benefits when they use an restaurant temperature monitoring system, including:
- Be the First to Know – Rather than getting surprised with major problems in the morning or after a long weekend when equipment fails, you can get an immediate alert when your freezers or coolers show their first signs of trouble. With an automated text, email, or phone call from the system, you know exactly when equipment is showing the signs of failure so you can act fast to save your inventory and get your cooler repaired.
- Offload Busy Staff – It’s hard to hire and train reliable staff. Rather than ask them to do the tedious work of manually checking and logging temperatures throughout the day, automate the process with a restaurant temperature monitoring system. Not only will your employees appreciate more time to focus on the customer, you will get more complete and more accurate temperature logs.
- Reduce Your Risk – When you have thousands of dollars of inventory stored in a cooler or freezer, equipment failure is a huge business risk. Not only do you lose the inventory, you also have to spend all your time getting things back in place – assessing the damage, clearing out the spoiled inventory, reordering and restocking replacements, modifying menus, or even closing until you are back up and running. The financial risk is great, and the risk of alienating your loyal customers is even greater.
- Improve Quality – When food is stored at incorrect temperatures, the taste, freshness, and safety can be impacted. With a restaurant temperature monitoring system, you not only know when equipment fails, you can also track its performance in general, and schedule maintenance to keep it operating properly and your food at its best.
- Compliance with USDA Regulations – Many businesses are required to comply with safety regulations from the USDA. Don’t leave it to chance – your temperature logs prove that you are in compliance when you have an automated restaurant temperature monitoring system in place.
- Franchise Rules – For franchise owners, you may have safety and monitoring requirements that you must follow. A restaurant temperature monitoring system allows you operate more efficiently and document your compliance at the same time.
- Streamline Inspections – Many health inspectors ask for temperature logs right up front when they visit restaurants for inspection. A complete and accurate report for all of your freezers and coolers can set the tone for your next inspection.
- Better Insights – When you have an automated restaurant temperature monitoring system, you’ll have all of your historical data available at your fingertips. With this historical data, you will gain valuable insight into how you optimize your processes and predict when equipment may require maintenance.
An automated restaurant temperature monitoring system is comprised of the following components:
- Sensors for measuring temperature, humidity as well as leak events, power consumption, open doors, and more.
- A Gateway that communicates with each sensor and collects the measurement data periodically and transmits it to a central cloud location.
- Cloud Software where you can view the measurement data, set alarm levels, and define notifications to alert you or your employees when the measurement data starts to show signs of trouble.
Swift Sensors offers multiple temperature sensors depending on the type of cooler/freezer and temperature range you need to measure, including:
- SS3-101 Ambient Temperature and Humidity Sensor – ideal for glass-front refrigerators, merchandizers, and low-boys.
- SS3-103 Wireless Temperature Sensor with Ring Lug Probe – for standard or walk-in where you can keep the sensor unit outside the cooler and feed the lead through the door jamb to get accurate temperature readings inside the refrigeration unit.
- SS3-105 Wireless Temperature Sensor with 1m Probe – for walk-in coolers where you mount the sensor on the outside of the cooler and feed the probe through a port or hole in the wall of the cooler.
A restaurant temperature monitoring system has three primary components with the following costs:
- Sensors prices range from about $100 to $280 depending on the sensor type and range
- Gateways cost $330
- Monitoring Service is $65/year for each sensor
Swift Sensors offers a complete demo system that you can create a login for to see the system in action before you buy. You can sign up for a free demo account here.
Your Swift Sensor Monitoring Software includes all of these features:
- Monitoring and Alert Plan – view all of your historical data and create alerts to text or email when alarm levels are reached.
- Cloud access to your data 24/7 from your phone, tablet, or computer
- Unlimited notifications.
- Unlimited users.
- Role-based permissions
- Built-in analytics for productivity, compliance, and efficiency.
- Built-in temperature log reports
- Sub-Accounts for organizing your systems for multiple locations
- Data Export capabilities
- Free startup and ongoing technical support.
- 2-year warranty on the hardware.